Sunday, March 16, 2014

New year, New things!

So this if FAR past the NEW YEAR time but I finally started to get into metals this year which is something I've been wanting to do for YEARS!!! Oh the ideas I have, the things I want to try but oh the time I DON'T have to do it all lol. So I finally found some sheet metal to cut, stamp, emboss, patina, flame paint, etc. Here are a few samples of the things  I've done lately. I'm on the hunt for a good sealant to protect the colorings of the copper but I may have found one, I just haven't had time to test it yet. Fingers crossed. Here are some photos of new metal pieces:






I'm really hoping to have the sealant figured out soon because I can't explain how much I enjoyed this!! Looking forward to doing more!!

1 comment:

  1. Just lovely! There is nothing like having a fresh piece of sheet metal to go crazy with! I really enjoyed your designs and hope I am not being to forward when I suggest this lacquer;
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/123789660/clear-guard-metal-lacquer-sealant-1-8-oz

    I'm very pleased with its longevity and hope it helps you avoid those hardware store purchases that I spent a lot of money on only to find none of them held up to frequent wear on the body!
    Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete