Sunday, March 16, 2014

8th BEAD SOUP has commenced!! Meet my partner!

 Well it's that time of year again! The Bead Soup party. The time where you get paired up, send some beads, get some beads and make some stuff then blog about it. Oh who am I kidding, there's SO much more to it than that!!!

This is an amazing event that hundreds of people partake in. You discover wonderful new artists and find new inspiration. I've been paired with some great people in the past and I am REALLY looking forward to networking with my newest partner; Kym Hunter of kymhunterdesigns.blogspot.com. Here are some samples of her work:



Her pieces are awesome!! I adore her blog. I love everything about the colors and themes she uses. Her use of mixed media puts me in mind of some of the things I've done and am currently doing as well as on my "try that" list. (It's funny because I follow another artist on FB who sometimes seems to be on the same mind path that I'm on. I'll have a project in mind, and she'll post she's done one. I'll start dabbling in new things, and she starts dabbling in similar things. It is so funny how some of us artist just have the same wavelength at times. It kind of makes you feel connected.)

I'm so excited about this pairing because this is the first time I've been paired up with someone who I felt was similar to my own style but unique in the materials. I've been talking with Kym here and there since the pairing and I genuinely enjoy her. Can't wait for the big reveal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment