Saturday, May 10, 2014

BEAD SOUP SEASON 8 REVEAL HAS ARRIVED!!!!

aving just started a new job I was so worried that I wouldn't have time or be able to get my pieces made let a lone a blog done. I have no idea how to set it up to automate nor the time to figure it out. Anywhoo... that being said; I made it! Later than I expected but without further adieu I give you; my bead soup pieces and my wonderful bead soup!!!
These were some of the coolest things I have ever worked with and it was sooo not my style. The keyhole focal was beyond awesome. I hung it on the beautiful leather I was given with a few accent jasper beads, which just happened to match PERFECTLY. My goal here was to make the focal the ABSOLUTE focus point. The design of this keyhole was astounding to me. I know this design seems simple but to me, this isn't about showing off MY work, it's about showcasing the work of the focal artist. Sometimes, less is more. And here it is:


Seriously, is that keyhole not to die for??? Ugh, by far one of my favorite soup pieces ever! Which by the way if you haven't seen my pre-post about my partner. Check her out! She uses this type of stuff all the time and is pretty fabulous at it!! See her blog here: kymhunterdesigns.blogspot.com she did beyond a beautiful job with the soup I sent her.

For my next piece, I focused on the bead mix she sent me with the most adorable owl bead ever. I absolutely LOVED the antique feel and style of the colors and patterns of the beads. But after making a simple design I felt as though this simply strung well patterned bracelet just wasn't enough...

I absolutely loved this bracelet! I really wanted to keep it for myself!! Anyway, I really didn't want to take this apart. I LOVED the colors, pattern, just everything but I felt it just wasn't creative enough. So I took it apart and did this instead:

I was much happier with this. I got to keep to the pattern for the most part with the beads and some of the awesome chain Kym sent as well as part of the super cool clasp.

I was so in love with this soup I just can't explain it!! I have much of it left over for future inspiration which I could really use. Since the start of the new job it has been months since I've had the joys of picking up my tools and playing in my beads. But the leftover soup sits out where I can see it regularly to keep me inspired.

Here's what I sent Kym. (The photo is hers photography skills. She's even awesome at that too!!) Please visit her blog and see the lovely things she made. http://kymhunterdesigns.blogspot.com/







26 comments:

  1. I agree, those owls are delightful! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, I love what you made! The bracelet was very sweet, but the necklace turned out wonderfully. And the keyhole necklace! The keyhole works so well on the leather, with just a sprinkling of the garnets. Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that was a super soup!! And you made lovely things!! Love the little owl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you followed your heart and changed your mind about the owl piece. The bracelet was good but reworking it into a necklace made it great! Nice soup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous soup! Love the owl necklace and the patina on the keyhole focal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sublime! I love love love the clasp on the owl piece. And what a sweet owl! I love the simplicity of the keyhole. Brilliant, indeed!

    Linda
    http://fromTheBeadBoard.blogspot.com
    http://cherryOnTopDesign.co

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! The keyhole necklace caught my eyes right off the bat and then I saw the owl bracelet and the gorgeous necklace! All three are so unique and artistic creations! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the owl! Thought the bracelet was cute but the necklace is just a bit more whimsical and very suiting to the overall feel. Wonderful! Here's to you finding some more time to play with your soup some more, you got some great ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Dear I hope you can carve out some time for some bead therapy soon!! Change really cramps ones style doesn't it!! I love that key hole and you did an awesome job rising to the challenge!! Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great soup and very elegant ,subtle designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They were all so good, but you had some really unique pieces to work with. I'm going to visit your partners blog next because you've made me curious about her

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Beautiful and slightly spooky at once! You look as though you had a lot of fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very eclectic soup, Lauren! Nice to see you were able to give the attention to those beautiful focals... you made some awesome designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree, sometimes less is more. Your keyhole necklace is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am happy you recreated your bracelet into the necklace, I think with the colors you used and how you designed this it became a very serene piece, that was the first thought that came up seeing this, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty pieces. I love how you used the keyhole. It's such a pretty focal.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think, owls will be my all time favourites ... ;0) That necklace is so charming, wonderful shades - lovely soup, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your pieces are so simple and clean and for that perfect. I am stunned by the beauty of the key hole necklace, and the owl necklace is so absolutely cool

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like your pieces, especially the first necklace. The key hole focal gives it a sense of history, as though it came from something personal and meaningful to be added to a necklace. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely designs. You made great choices about how to show off the components in your soup. Re-working the bracelet into a necklace while keeping the original design was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful pieces and your grace comes through in the pieces. So pretty, feminine and sweet. =)

    Linda A.
    http://fromTheBeadBoard.blogspot.com
    http://cherryOnTopDesign.co

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful work! Can't make a decision as to which I like best and that does not happen very often. Great choice to really make the focal the focus of the necklace. It looks wonderful just as it is. I did like the bracelet you made but am glad you took it apart as I like that necklace so much better and it really shows off that cool bead.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh gracious, yes! The soup you sent was indeed amazing and you made some stunning pieces with it. That keyhole necklace is awesome for sure and your owl necklace is lovely. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG those are stunning pieces, great design and so well put together.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I couldn't agree more about the keyhole and the subtly added beads really make it stand out in your design! The bracelet was gorgeous but so is the necklace! You know that trick where you add a chain to a bracelet and wear it as a necklace, right?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your style, beautiful ♥simple♥ and feminine... Great colour combinations. Have a nice summer!

    ReplyDelete